For drivers with an automatic transmission, we’re sure the thought of a failed transmission has crossed your mind. If you sense any issues you with your transmission, you should have them addressed right away by a qualified transmission shop. Below, Everett Transmission has addressed a few problems that you definitely shouldn’t ignore!
- When your vehicle is switching from one gear to another more frequently than normal and for no apparent reason, this is likely your transmission. You may experience a change in the engine sound, like a whining. Another sign your transmission isn’t operating correctly is it may feel like your car isn’t accelerating the way it should be.
- If it feels like your car isn’t changing gears correctly or the shift is bumpy, this could be an issue with your transmission. There also may be a thud when you shift gears or difficulty increasing your speed.
- Another sign not to ignore is if there is a noticeable delay when you shift out of park and into drive or the engine will run when you give it gas, but it won’t move forward or reverse right away.
- If you notice any spots on your driveway or street that look like a leak, put down cardboard towards the front/middle of your car. This will help to determine if the leaks are active. If your transmission fluid is leaking, it could be a number of colors, even brownish. Not all manufactures use red or pink fluids that most drivers associate as transmission fluid, so it’s always best to have it checked by a professional.
- If any of the above signs occur and or your check engine or transmission warning light is on, you’ll want to bring your car to a professional right away to identify the issue. More often than not with today’s computerized vehicles and transmissions, many of the worst feeling conditions turn out to be a minor repair or re programming.
If you’re unsure if your transmission needs to be repaired or replaced, contact the expert mechanics at Everett Transmission. As a member of the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association, we are committed to providing the best transmission service available. To request an appointment, fill out our online form or call us at 617-387-9558.